- Project No 4548
- Project Name Evaluating riparian buffer zones in temperate streams
- Lead Organisation Barwon Water
- Research Lead Deakin University
- Main Researcher Mariah Sampson
This project aims to assess changes before and after completion of restoration works and in comparison to other nearby streams in:
1. Physico-chemical (dissolved oxygen, pH, conductivity and temperature) and water quality (nitrogen and phosphorous);
2. Assessment of changes in microbial assemblages (including E. coli); and
3. Other biological assemblages (fish, macroinvertebrate or riparian vegetation) and/or other physical characteristics (channel morphology).
PhD Thesis underway by Mariah Sampson.