May 27, 2019
Water Conservation Science and Engineering is a new internationally refereed journal published by Springer that welcomes good quality submissions in a broad range of water related topics.
The journal welcomes original contributions that potentially involve multidisciplinary research and consider sustainable management and conservation of water as a valuable resource. Contributions should have relevance and implication on sustainable water conservation practices from individual household to community level, as well as from regional, national and international scales. Contributors may emphasize any of the aforesaid aspects of water conservation. Manuscripts that report only laboratory works without in-depth discussion and implications on improving water conservation practices will not be included for publication in the journal.
Water Conservation Science & Engineering publishes original research papers, critical and comprehensive reviews, analyses and case studies on topics, which include but are not limited to:
- Novel and/or innovative materials and technological solutions to improve water quantity and quality aspects that contribute significantly towards sustainable water conservation practices.
- Environmental monitoring of chemical and microbiological contaminants in source and treated waters and/or quantitative risk assessments for potential reuse in potable and non-potable applications.
- Demonstration on the concept of integrated water resources management or equivalent in rural, urban or mixed-setting, as well as agricultural and industrial applications.
- Societal, economic, institutional and policy aspects of strategies to improve the sustainability of water conservation practices, including strategies for managing water resource supply and demand, water substitution and reuse, enhancing the water-energy nexus and sustainability of the water industry.
- Life cycle assessment and management of water resources to improve resource efficiency, conserve water resources and reduce water pollution.
Full detail on the journal can be accessed here: https://www.springer.com/environment/sustainable+development/journal/41101