- Project No 4520
- Project Name Metabolomics applications to advance pathogen detection and viability assessment in water
- Lead Organisation CSIRO
- Research Lead Swinburne University of Technology
This project investigated Metabolomics-based applications (LC-MS and GC-MS) to advance cyanobacterial toxin detection and analysis in water to:
• Understand the biochemical triggers for cyanobacterial blooms.
• Identification of any new potential toxins produced from blooms.
• Assess the application of metabolomics for the rapid detection of cyanobacterial toxins and identification of unknown toxins.
• Asses the cost effectiveness and time efficient technique.
• Characterise the biomolecules present in bloom as toxins are produced.