Central to our program is the opportunity for organisations to sponsor a student research project.
Sponsoring student research projects creates invaluable partnerships and relationships across research and industry, allowing industry organisations to and connect with the next generation of high-calibre research leaders who work within the business to solve focused and, organisation-specific challenges.
Student research projects undertaken by PhD, Masters and Honours researchers provide an alternative, cost-effective solution to challenges industry is facing today, helping to rapidly unlock organisational innovation, capability, capacity, and skills.
Sponsoring student research projects also enhances professional development - offering vital networking, mentorship and professional support opportunities, all of which assist in creating well-rounded, industry-ready graduates.
Relevant information is detailed below
Click here to download the APPLICATION PROCESS
Benefits to Industry Members
- Relatively low-cost and well supervised mechanism for your organisation to have key research issues addressed
- Applied research specific to your business needs
- Access to high-quality students that are supported by a WaterRA mentor program
- Research provided through Australia's leading universities
- Researcher (university) linked to your organisation
- Students not included in headcount
- Low risk for the organisation
- Opportunity for capacity building within your organisation
- National and international exposure through student presentations and publications
- Cost effective, flexible funding options
- Student projects DO NOT attract university overhead fees
- Investment in securing the next generation of professionals
Benefits to Research Members
- Work on an industry-driven project with a path to research impact
- Provides engagement and opportunity to build reputation within the industry
- WaterRA mentor and professional development program
- Operating and travel allowance budget
- Exposure for the research outcomes via conferences and network support
- Scholarship package provides leverage for supervisors to attract the best students
- Student projects categorised as 'Category A' funding and do not incur overhead fees
The Research Leadership Program is managed by an Advisory Committee.
|| Masters by Research
|| Masters by Coursework
Flexible funding model
- Payment can be made as one full amount in year 1 or divided as agreed over financial years ie: for PhD package =
Year 1 $19K, Year 2 $10K and Year 3 $10K
- Additional operating allowance can be funded via the student project therefore not attracting university overheads
- Payments can me made in advance from surplus end-of-year budgets and quarantined for the project
WaterRA has two substantial scholarships in memory of "Leaders" Emeritus Professor Nancy Millis and Professor Michael R Moore who were instrumental in overseeing the formation of WaterRA.
Key information for sponsors
PROJECT INITIATION FORM
Key information for students
Click on the below links to download the appropriate application form:
PhD & Masters by Research
Masters C/Work & Honours
Research Capability Manager
(08) 7424 2443