There are a host of opportunities for members to become actively involved in helping to build a vibrant future for our organisation in a way which best suits their individual strengths and interests. Every opportunity is unique—some focusing on strategy and business governance and others on influencing our research direction and ensuring impact.
Risk and Audit Committee
The Risk and Audit Committee (RAAC) is responsible for assisting the Board in matters related to the ongoing financial condition, budgeting practices, risk management and statutory compliance of our organisation.
- David Sheehan (Chair), Coliban Water
- Ken Murphy, Independent (non-executive Board Director)
- Gary Penn, Independent Committee Member
- Anna Jackson, SA Water
- Deb Evans, Independent Committee Member
Human Resources Committee
The Human Resources Committee (HRC) is responsible for assisting the Board to manage personnel, including through overseeing recruitment, performance review, succession planning, and staff engagement as a whole.
- Prof Christopher Saint (Chair), UniSA
- David Sheehan, Coliban Water
- Dr David Bergmann, South East Water
Strategic Advisory Committee
The Strategic Advisory Committee (SAC) provides strategic advice to our Board and CEO regarding the overall research direction and development of WaterRA. The SAC representatives are nationally and internationally recognised experts, drawn from academia, water corporations, industry peak bodies, regulators and policy agencies (health, economic and environmental). The mix of members reflects the current strategic priorities of WaterRA. The SAC’s primary role is to:
- Provide strategic guidance to the management and Board of WaterRA on national and/or jurisdictional water-related strategy, policy, or regulatory change, or other water industry-related matters, which may affect WaterRA’s members or WaterRA generally and which may have implications for WaterRA’s research programs and activities;
- Advise management and Board on emerging regulatory, environmental or health issues in relation to water industry services; and,
- Advise management and Board on specific knowledge gaps in the science needed to underpin progressive, evidence-based guidelines and policy, with respect to regulation of water industry services, specifically where targeted research would help to inform future policy direction and/or regulation.
- Amy Dysart, (Chair), Power & Water Corporation
- A/Prof Rita Henderson, (Deputy Chair), University of NSW
- Dr David Cunliffe, SA Health
- Dr Annette Davison, Risk Edge
- Graham Hawke, Bureau of Meteorology
- Prof Cynthia Mitchell, University of Technology, Sydney
- Dr Greg Ryan, Water Services Association of Australia
- Wendy Henderson, NSW Health
- Karen Rouse (Secretary), WaterRA
Research Leadership Program Advisory Committee
The Research Leadership Project Advisory Committee (RLPAC) is an operational advisory group that provides advice and expertise on a range of Capability Development Products that will continue to build and enhance our members' professional development at all stages of their career. Representatives are from member organisations who bring a high level of knowledge and skills to WaterRA and its members.
- Dr Louise McKenzie (Chair), Hunter Water
- Dr Michael Bartkow (Deputy Chair), Seqwater
- Dr Bradley Clarke, University of Melbourne
- Peter Spencer, Water Corporation
- Dr Melita Stevens, Melbourne Water
- Dr Kathryn Linge, ChemCentre
RLPAC Member Resources